Sunday, January 3, 2010

General Update on Pitts' stuff

The engine parts should be here from AERO tomorrow...Jeanie will take them over to the machine shop in Los Banos on tuesday..I had the pushrod tubes and engine mount powder coated here in Salinas for the engine in the S2-S.. Sean did a great job.. powder coating is really cool nowadays. I had to move one of the tubes on the engine mount over an inch to make room for the B&C sd-8 alternator to clear...I'm tired of the battery charger routine and want a somewhat more normal setup..My aerobatic experience level won't be able to tell the 3 extra lbs.....
I finally finished the crate to fit the Whirlwind prop in...I'll have that dropped off at the freight company tomorrow..Should take a month or so to get it back..I'm thinking the budget will allow me to switch it from a 400 Rocket to a 400C...
I've been selling "treasures" on Ebay ...With those funds I bought my own powder coating setup..I have to get all of the lower wing parts beadblasted and coated to send to a builder in N.M. Also going to pickup a used oven to do the parts curing/ cooking in tomorrow off of Craigslist...

No comments:

Post a Comment