Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Time really flys1

Haven't taken much time on this blog.

The flying S1-S was sold in May 2010 to a nice young lady from Socal...She really enjoys it.
The engine is done on the S2-s and installed..Prop has been back from Whirlwind since March..
I devised a spray booth at work and have stripped,etched , alodined and repainted all of the sheet metal.Many hours of tedious striping layed out
We got right down to "let's put it back together and i had a change of heart. We were going to just spot in the chips on the dope with auto primer and reshoot the fuse....But ..smoke oil and leaking master cylinders have really oiled up the fabric on the belly so, off came the fabric..While i'm at it..I decided to metal side the fuse back to my elbows..( the same as a s2-b has..) So this week I formed and welded the supports on to the fuse and nut plated everything.I have 3 of the 6 sheet metal pieces fit on to the fuse..Today I'm making a die for the sheetmetal brake to form the radius I need on the bottom of the fuse sides..I'm lucky to have Sean Tuckers old plane close by to go look at..It's saved me from having to reinvent the wheel!
Picked up paint to spot the fuse in ..Jeanie is going to sew an envelope for me out of ceonite101 .. that will save me from doing the 3 piece method on the fuse..Should be able to put fabric on day after Halloween..

That's it for now...photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment