Wednesday, March 18, 2009

TailWheel idea.



I wanted to put a Stinker/Model 12 tailwheel mount on this plane with a locking tailwheel.
This plane has had reinforcements welded into the inside of the lower horizontal tubes joining the Fin post. It would be a lot of work to duplicate the setup.I remembered the locking tailwheel I got off of Ebay afew months ago was a Haigh adapter type anyway. I stopped by Team Oracle's hangar and and looked at Sean's showplane and borrowed that idea. it's a combo Haigh/model12 Stinker mount. I tacked it into place ,but still have to add the pinch bolt roid to it. It's held in place by a -6 bolt and the pinch tube that lines it up. I'll also have to have a metal wedge machined to go under the front of the tailwheel spring about where the old leafpring sat.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. The airplane came to me with the leaf spring type mount. Did you change it back at some point?

    ReplyDelete